Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My life and kids

Last night was probably one of the worst night yet with Fox. He must have not been feeling well because he was up about every hour. When I finally got him to sleep I had to get up, and not long after my kids got up. They ate and then went upstairs to play. Soon after I heard a thump and screaming/crying. I went up to see what happened and Emma was sitting on the ground crying and Liam ran over crying and said, "Emma fell off the slide (a plastic toddler slide) and she can't stand up, she broke her leg!!" I checked out Emma's leg and it was fine so I took her down stairs. As soon as I put Emma down and got her to stop crying, Fox woke up. I walked by my Mom to pick him up and said, "This is my life Mom." She replied, "Yeah, and you chose it."
I did. I chose this life, and these kids, and I am so grateful for them. They are just what I need. They make me laugh and cry and think. I need them and they need me. I get to serve them everyday and it makes me love them more and more. I am so grateful for my life and my beautiful children.

No comments:

Post a Comment